A dental care emergency is the last thing you want, and you don’t need the added headache of having to find out where to go for emergency treatment! At Eugene Family Dental, we’re here for you no matter when you need to get in contact with Dr. Ben! In the event of an emergency, call us right away at 541-484-1235!
We are glad to be able to offer same-day appointments in case of emergencies. We know that when you need care to relieve pain or save a tooth that you don’t need to be caught waiting! We’ll always do our best to get you in as soon as possible, so make sure you call right away!
If you have an after-hours emergency, you’ll get our answering machine, and it will provide you with Dr. Ben’s after-hours contact number. We’re easy to get in contact with outside of business hours – we’re here to take care of you!
Immediate Emergency Care
If you have an emergency, there are a number of things you can do to ease your pain and help save damaged or knocked-out teeth. Follow these tips to ensure your pre-appointment time is spent as anxiety-free and pain-free as possible!
Tooth Knocked Out: If you’ve completely lost a tooth, save it and have us place it securely back in your mouth. In order to make this as easy as possible, take the following steps:
- Handle the tooth only by the crown, never the roots.
- Don’t remove any tissue that is still attached.
- Wash the tooth in cool water to remove any dirt.
- Place the tooth in milk to keep it preserved. If you don’t have access to milk, you can place the tooth inside your cheek to keep it safe until your appointment.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen to relieve the pain. Don’t take aspirin if you’re bleeding, however.
Tooth Fractured or Broken: A fractured tooth can be frightening, but depending on the severity, we can still save it!
- If parts of the tooth have fallen out of your mouth, try to recover every piece you can.
- Place the pieces in a cup and hang on to them!
- If there are sharp points on your tooth that could cut your cheek, you can place gauze or wax over them to protect yourself.
- If you are bleeding, try to stop the flow of blood with cotton or gauze.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like aspirin or ibuprofen to relieve the pain.
Swelling or Severe Toothache: When you are in intense pain, it can seem like that’s all that matters! We can help relieve your pain and get you back to your life as quickly as possible!
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever that includes an anti-inflammatory (an NSAID), like aspirin or ibuprofen.
- If the pain is due to an abscess or sore in your mouth, gargle with some warm salty water to help clear it out and kill any infection that might be present.
No matter what kind of dental emergency you’re having, we can get you in quickly and relieve your pain! If you’re having an emergency, every moment can be important, so call us today at 541-484-1235!
Get Rid of Your Headaches for Good! Fill out the form below for instant access.