Good dental care is kind of like the growing season in many parts of Oregon.
That’s because it’s year-round, never stopping due to season or weather, always ongoing, keeping things green and lush no matter the time of year.
With this kind of constant renewal, it can make things like New Year’s just another date on the calendar.
In the same way, it can make New Year’s resolutions just words on the page. Just as Mother Earth doesn’t ask us if we’re ready for rain, your need for good dental care won’t wait for your To Do list. They are living ecosystems that we share in.
Although both require a sense of stewardship, there’s a key difference: Our beautiful climate can largely regulate itself, keeping wildlife thriving throughout the year, but your smile needs a lot more help than that.
So why is it that you’re waiting to get that help?
Before the New Year slips away from you and bleeds into the next, you need to secure regular, high-quality dental care that will increase your oral health and give your smile a brighter sheen than ever.
365 Days of Care
The first thing you need to realize to keep your smile going strong year-in and year-out is that going to the dentist isn’t like it used to be. Thanks to new technology and refined techniques, the dental services we offer at Eugene Family Dental are a far cry from the pain and the drills you might remember as a kid.
Getting a better smile doesn’t mean subjecting yourself to torture in a dentist’s chair any more.
So with that in mind, let me lay out a few of the ways we can help you maintain and improve the integrity of your smile no matter if it’s January 1 or December 31:
Get Regular Teeth Cleanings. You’d be surprised to know how one of the most basic services we offer can dramatically improve the health of your mouth. Regular checkups and dental cleanings enable my team and I to detect any problems while they’re still small.
- Teeth Grinding Solutions. Getting a checkup can help us detect problems you might not even know you have, and teeth grinding (also known as “bruxism”) is one of the more infamous ones. We can craft a comfortable mouthguard that will protect your teeth during every night’s sleep.
- Routine Endodontics. Nasty, festering cavity got you wincing in pain? We offer several different approaches to compromised teeth, many of which can correct the problem without the need for outright tooth removal. Proper endodontics can guarantee the health of the inside of your tooth, which have major effects on its outward appearance.
- Invisible Smile Correction. If your teeth are too close, too far apart, or coming in at odd angles, you’re more at risk for developing gum diseases and other oral health issues. We can fit you with a customized set of Invisalign clear plastic braces that are as subtle as they are effective. By 2017, you could have a brand new smile with Invisalign.
- Brush, Floss, Rinse, Repeat. If it was that simple, would you need me to remind you? If you make a habit to brush, floss, and use mouthwash at least twice a day in 2016, you’ll get your teeth in fighting shape. This can be necessary if you need more extensive work, and is crucial to maintaining your smile no matter the shape it is in.
- Fluoride and Whitening Regimens. Get your teeth extra protection every day of the year with fluoride and sealants, which can guard your teeth against pesky bacteria that want nothing more than to make your mouth their home.
By now, it should be clear that the only resolution you need to make this year is being a better caretaker to your smile.
Make Action, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are good because they give you goals. Sometimes, we all need a point on the horizon to work toward.
But your teeth have already made a resolution to give you trouble whether you like it or not. I can ease your fears and your pain, because a trip to the dentist doesn’t need to be a big deal with a big effort. It could be just another Tuesday.
To let us help you, schedule an appointment at our relaxing Eugene offices by calling 458-205-5189, or you can request an appointment with us online.
Just like the growing season, your teeth don’t care what day of the year it is. We’re waiting on you to make year-round oral care a reality.
Get Rid of Your Headaches for Good! Fill out the form below for instant access.